1/7/11

Friend Friday: Blogging Up To The Hype "A MUST READ"

While i was doing a little blog surfing, i stumbled upon this worth reading questions, so i decided to play along and answer them. Very interesting i must say! It's also a great read for new bloggers who are trying to put themselves out there!
Read on and feel free to check out what other bloggers had to say! here on ModlyChic's blog


1.   Have you ever looked at someone’s blog and thought yours will never measure up?

Of course! I would be lying if I said that I never did.  (Note: the word “did” in past tense) When I first started blogging, I didn’t know what to expect and I think that was the reason why I compared my blog to more established blogs out there!  Although I’ve only been blogging for over a year and a bit I’ve learnt so much, and now I can care less if my blog measures up to a blogger with 5000 followers or 10, my main objective is to connect with my readers and share my inspiration with them.  Blogging is a process, it doesn’t all just happen over night, you really have to earn your followers and that’s by having some sort of connection that they can relate too! Now I can happily say that looking at other blogs, just gives me more inspiration, and fashion tips!


2.   Do you or did you feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?


At first I did! I felt like I came into the blogging hemispere blind folded!  All I wanted to do is talk about my love for fashion and post my day-to-day outfits!  But who would I talk to with no one following? I felt as if I was competiting, with thousands of other bloggers who seemed to have the entire world tuned in to their lives like a soap opera! (Including me lol) After a couple months of blogging , I said to myself I’m just going to write what’s on my mind, and that I did! Before I knew it my numbers were slowly growing!  What have I learnt from this? There are NO standards for fashion bloggers, be yourself, say what you feel, and have fun!


3.   Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people.  Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?


Absolutely Not! Every one has a niche for something!  I’m a hair stylist and never have I felt the need to post hair tips, or anything hair related unless it’s my own! I cut and style hair all day so when I do come home I don’t want to rant about hair (unless one of my lovely readers has a question) all I want to do is share my style and inspiration with my peeps!  I feel like you should be able to say and do whatever you like since it is your own personal blog!  I personally have learnt quite a few impressive things through peoples diy’s! On the other hand I’ve seen many successful blogs who do without it!


 4.   The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice — how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?


Wow…. that is a hard one! I think its safe to say I’m still developing my voice!  The reason for that is it’s easier for me to have a voice in person, than behind a computer screen! It’s a bit more challenging to let your personality speak out through words! I think my readers see a lot of my personality through my pictures…. I’m not the best at putting my thoughts down on paper or on a computer screen, but I do want to be myself and not a cornball so I just say what’s on my mind!  That’s me being a natural! A lot of bloggers do have some journalism experience, which is great, but I don’t want to sound like a novel! I write how I talk and it might come off as silly sometimes but hey that’s ME!


5. Toot your own horn…What’s one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog?  What gives your blog an edge?

Right now nothing in particular!  I still have a lot of things that I am currently working on to improve my blog and its pretty challenging stuff!  Maybe next time I’ll be able to answer that question…

 




4 comments:

  1. thanx for posting this...it really made me think about my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Dede! you are not alone in this! I am still trying to find my voice!

    @Tima thank you Tima, how's your new year been so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I LOVE YOUR ANSWERS...i just started bloggin 2 weeks ago and offcourse i feel a bit of passion but i'm slowly feeling more confortable on my own skin and seeing this post just gave me that bust of confidence i needed
    thank you for being you =)

    ReplyDelete