1/1/18

New Year Resolution or New You?

WOW... What a year!  I can't believe that 2017 has come to an end. I remembered like it was yesterday counting down the minutes till 2017 and now here we are doing the same for 2018. I am elated and blessed that I am able to see another year and spend it with my loved ones, however I must confess that I'm afraid of what 2018 holds. The suspense of the unknown is what scares me the most! 

I was almost sure that 2017 was going to be my year. As I scrolled through my IG feed, a plethora of resolution posts had me feeling shitty for not having a new year resolution.  Who am I kidding? I've written this list a million times before only to stop at my top two. On top of that, I had friends proclaiming that 2017 was going to be their year and it would be mines too. HA! (I'm still looking for it ) Although 2017 wasn't all Losses, I still wouldn't count it as my best year either.

I felt like I was putting in so much more energy than I was receiving. 2017 started off with a few wins but went down hill as fast as 2018 came around. Financially I was not where I wanted to be, emotionally I was a wreck, career wise I felt like I should've been self employed , or at least doing something that I loved, friends who you thought would ride out till the end in wheel chairs together with you, just ended up being a bunch of fakes. Despite it all I still had family, my health and most of all God. 

I promised my self to not look back into 2017, however it has taught me a lot about myself and gave me some time to reflect on all the things that I need to change about my self going into the new year. Ive also learnt to speak things into existence, mean it and then live it. "SPEAK it, MEAN it, LIVE it" my mantra for 2018. I will walk with god going into the new year, seek him more and walk into the new year with faith and not by sight! 

Now that I have a 2nd chance, let's try this again, 2018 is going to be my year and yours!!!! I know it and proclaim it. Now let's get it!!! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR

xoxo TY







Wearing: Winners~ sweater,  J.Crew~ coat, Target~ pants, CL ~ heels



No comments:

Post a Comment